Curriculum - Squirrels Class
Click here for Squirrels Reading Letter - September 2020
Click here for Squirrels Meet the Teacher- September 2020
Click here for Year 1 Spelling List Autumn 1 2020
Click here for Year 2 Spelling List Autumn 1 2020
Click here for Memory Strategies for Phase 6
Click here for Phase 6 guide-for-parents
Click here for Phase-6 outdoor-phonics-challenge-cards
Click here for Phase-6 phonics-morning-starters
Click here for Phase-6-phonopoly-board-game
Click here for Phase-6-word-cards-ing-ed-s-er-est-y-en
If we are self-isolating, we must keep working during term time, so please try to keep to a normal timetable - work from 9am - 1030, then 1050 - 1245. Have lunch until 1.30, then work until 3pm....time will pass quickly and, let's face it, by 3pm - you've still got ages to do what you want to do!!!
Try to do some of these activities....
- Read every day x2 20 minutes+ at a time & add to reading log
- Learn your spellings - write them in sentences to show understanding
- Times tables & their inverses - Download 'Push the Button' to help.
- Learn to tell the time and play some money games
- Watch Newsround on CBBC and find out about the latest news
- For PE / Sport...
- Practise keepie uppies with a ball
- Use a tennis racket & keep the ball bouncing.
- Run as far as you can in 30 seconds, or non-stop for 5 minutes (safely!!)
- Go on a bike ride (with someone) safely!
- Research about our topic - Rainforests!
- Draw & research animals found there
- Find where Rainforests are located in the world
- Research about the water cycle
- Research about deforestation and sustainability
- Oak National Academy - log onto this (find on internet)
- Select your Year group (3 or 4)
- Choose Maths - a lesson we are currently lerning about - place value, fractions etc...
- Choose English - a lesson about non-chronological report writing & prepare to write one yourself about anything you would like to! A Sport, a Country, Farming, Horses, Animals, Food...it is up to you, but your challenge is to write a report to teach me about something!